This policy applies to information collected by Living Realty Group Pty Ltd trading as RE/MAX Living (RE/MAX Living, we, us our). It outlines how we collect and use personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Collection of personal information
We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to provide products and services. If you do not provide the information that we ask for, we may not be able to provide the products or services you have requested. We may collect information such as your name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, bank account details, occupation, government identifiers or other information that may be required for identification purposes, information about your properties and other information related to the services we provide. If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
We will collect your personal information directly from you or from a person you authorise or permit to provide your personal information to us. We collect your personal information through your access and use of our website, by telephone, letter, fax or email, during conversations between you and our representatives, by contracting with us, by completing surveys or providing feedback to us. We may also collect personal information from third parties including from third party companies such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and government entities, your representatives (lawyers, accountants and financial advisers), your employer and through publicly available sources of information or any other organisations where you have given your consent. By using RE/MAX Living’s services you consent to RE/MAX Living collecting your information from your third parties.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
RE/MAX Living may use your personal information for the primary purpose of providing real estate sales or property management services to you, as well as for related purposes such as:
- to verify your identity or transactions which you may enter into with us;
- to administer and manage the provision of our products and services;
- to provide you with direct marketing of offers of other RE/MAX Living products or services (or products or services of other parties we procure or have an arrangement with) or and otherwise communicate with you;
- to comply with laws and regulatory requirements including complying with any request made by a governmental authority or regulator, including in connection with legal proceedings or the prevention or detection of fraud and crime;
- to comply with RE/MAX Living’s risk management policies and procedures;
- conducting due diligence as part of a pre-employment screening (if you are an employee) or acceptance of your contract or arrangements with RE/MAX Living; or
- another purpose related to the primary purpose.
For the purposes we have described, we may disclose your personal information:
- to our employees, related bodies corporate, suppliers (including service and content providers), contract and service providers, professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- to government agencies or individuals responsible for the investigation and resolution of disputes or complaints covering your use of our services and facilities;
- other parties involved in the sale or management or administration of your property;
- anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred (or offered to be transferred, subject to confidentiality provisions);
- other related entities or persons to RE/MAX Living or to the wider RE/MAX group including pursuant to our franchise agreement with RE/MAX Australia; or
- where you have otherwise consented or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Access and correction and updating personal information
Generally, we will provide you with access to your personal information that we hold within a reasonable time of a request unless an exception applies under the Privacy Act. If you believe the personal information that RE/MAX Living holds is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date and we agree we will amend it. If we disagree with you about the accuracy, completeness or currency of our records, then you have the right to request that we note your disagreement in our records. You should keep us informed of any changes to your information by notifying us in writing. We may also ask you to review, confirm and advise of us changes to your personal information.
Storage and security of information
RE/MAX Living stores personal information in a combination of our computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information communicated online and any personal information or other information transmitted between you and us online is transmitted at your risk.
Overseas disclosure of personal information
We may transfer personal information to related bodies corporate, unaffiliated service providers or other persons to whom we disclose personal information as described herein in locations beyond Australia (including, but not limited to, the United States, India, Vietnam, Singapore and the United Kingdom) in the course of storing that information and when using or disclosing it for one of the purposes referred to above. When transferring personal information to foreign jurisdictions, RE/MAX Living may take steps to ensure the overseas recipient of the information does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to the information. However, RE/MAX Living may be unable to ensure the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your information. This may mean for information sent overseas you do not have the protections of or any redress under the Privacy Act or in the foreign jurisdiction for any breach. The overseas recipient may not be subject to privacy obligations equivalent those under the Privacy Act and could be compelled by foreign law to make disclosure of the information. By using RE/MAX Living services you consent to RE/MAX Living making the disclosure to overseas recipients on this basis.
Storage and security of information
RE/MAX Living stores personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We protect the information we store by using security frameworks and encryption techniques to protect our systems and your account from unauthorised access. If after a period of time (generally 7 years) we are no longer required to hold your personal information, we may delete or destroy it.
Contacting us and complaints
If you wish to contact us for any purpose regarding this policy including making complaint about the way we have handled your personal information (including if you think we have breached the Privacy Act) you may do so to our Principal in writing, to the address set out at the end of this policy. When you contact us, include your email address, name, address and telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will investigate the complaint and respond to you promptly.
Changes to this policy
This policy is subject to change from time to time as RE/MAX Living considers necessary. We will publish material changes by making them available to you on our website.
LIVING REALTY GROUP PTY LTD T/AS REMAX LIVING
Shop 11, 23 Progress Road
Burpengary QLD 4506